Experienced Wage & Overtime Lawyer in California Handles Compensation Matters
Newport Beach attorney resolves disputes for employers and employees
Congress passed The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) in 1937, and has frequently amended the law to add additional protections for workers. In addition, several states have passed their own version of the law to protect workers’ rights to their earnings. In recent years, the U.S. Department of Labor and state governments have dramatically increased their enforcement of employee-friendly provisions of FLSA. Parker Law has represented plaintiff workers and defendant businesses in all types of wage and hour disputes. We have developed effective strategies for getting workers the pay they deserve, as well as protecting good-faith businesses from inadvertent errors that expose their company to costly liability. Because we have represented both sides in these conflicts, we understand how to resolve conflicts decisively with the least amount of time and expense for the parties concerned. However, we understand that not all parties to a legal dispute act in good faith, so we are prepared to litigate cases vigorously whenever justice demands.
Newport Beach attorney provides effective representation in state and federal court
The two central provisions of federal law require employees to pay a minimum wage and overtime for non-exempt workers. However, we have litigated disputes arising from a variety of causes:
- Child labor violations
- Employment practice liability insurance issues
- Failure to pay for alleged pre- and post-shift “off-the-clock” activities for non-exempt employees
- Failure to pay minimum wage
- Failure to pay otherwise exempt employees on a salary basis
- Failure to pay overtime to drivers exempt under the Motor Carrier Act and related laws
- Failure to pay overtime to sales personnel exempt under the Outside Sales Exemption
- Family and Medical Leave Act violations
- Improper calculation of the regular rate or overtime
- Improper deductions
- Improper tip and “service charge” practices
- Misclassification of employees as exempt
- Misclassification of workers as independent contractors
- Retaliation for protected FLSA activities
- Unpaid on-duty meal and rest breaks
- Unpaid reimbursement for work-related expenses
We are intimately familiar with state and federal standards in wage and overtime law and work zealously to advance our clients’ interests. I thoroughly investigate the circumstances of the pay dispute so that I have a firm basis of objective data, and use that information to negotiate from a principled position.
Versatile trial and negotiation lawyer
Our firm has the versatility to aggressively fight for your interests at trial or at the negotiating table. We inform our clients as to the facts and the application of the law, so that they can make an informed choice about matters such as settlement offers and trial strategy. Regardless of your course of action, our considerable trial experience and rich history of successfully handling many types of wage and overtime claims provide you with the security of knowing your matter is being handled by a seasoned professional.
Contact a Newport Beach, California employment law firm for wage and hour claim defense
Wage and hour disputes can be costly for both sides, but an attorney who understands your case from either perspective has an advantage when it comes to resolving a conflict on favorable terms. To schedule a consultation, call Parker Law at 949-236-6949 or contact us online.